Find the Best Swing Trading Courses
Finding the best swing trading course online can be a daunting and intimidating task. Apart from wanting to be taught something useful and hopefully profitable, there is considerable risk involved because most swing trading courses are not going to be free. Here you can find an option though that is free – this includes some basic forex swing trading and what we call our “Chop Indicator:”
The way to go about finding the best swing trade course, is through a careful process of elimination. To really choose the best online course for you, you actually have to know something about yourself, first. As with any good tradeplan or swing trade system, it ultimately will depend upon you and your ability and desire to get the most out of it.
Like most things worthwhile in life, you get back what you put into something and the same is true with learning how to trade as well as finding the best trading course. Much about trading depends upon personal style and the big dilemma for many, especially those just starting out is that they may not even know what ‘their’ style is.
Ultimately, you are going to begin with using Google and searching for online trading courses. Before you do though, take the time to do some preliminary self analysis. You may not know what style is best for you yet, but you can surely figure out what is NOT best for you. That’s the best place to start. You should figure out a few things about yourself. Here is a short list you should answer for yourself. This list will help you eliminate courses that may not be appropriate for you.
- How much experience do you have? If you are a beginner, you probably don’t want to skip to intermediate or advanced courses.
- However if you are intermediate or advanced, it wouldn’t hurt if your course did have some beginning review. You might learn something you should have known but either overlooked or forgot about.
- How much capital do you have to trade? If you have less than a six figure account, you probably should stay away from swing trading futures.
- Most people are going to either swing trade forex or equities (stocks, ETFs, options).
- Forex probably offers the most opportunity for the small account trader; those with under $10,000.
- How much time do you have to dedicate to your trading?
- If you hold down a full time job, you’ll need to select a slower timeframe like daily charts or even weekly charts. Swing trading can be made on faster charts as well like 4 hour charts, 1 hour charts and even 15 minute charts.
- But are those faster charts practical for you?
- Most traders don’t think about what it would be like to manage, day in and day out, a swing trade that uses a 4 hour chart.
- Other factors that might affect the positive outcome of your trading should also be considered.
- Great online trading courses should not only teach you the ins and outs of trading, but they should provide you with proven strategies, money management techniques and trade psychology lessons that will help you master yourself, as you are faced with actual trading in the real markets.
Once you have answered the key questions above, it will help you eliminate the online trading courses that will not satisfy what it is you need. That’s actually a big step. Cutting through the junk begins with this process. Still though, you will be left with many options so in the end, you still need to use common sense when finally deciding to commit to a swing trade course.
Common sense should tell you that the companies with the longest track record should be top on your list. Anyone can package up a trade course and sell it online but that doesn’t mean it’s worth the hard disk space it was created on. Odds are though, that a company with a long term history and track record has a product that is worth considering. Here are a few things to look for:
- Does the company have a positive track record?
- Do they have a lot of positive testimonials?
- Are the instructors actual traders themselves? This is a biggie! I would want to be taught by real live successful traders and not just theorists.
- What kind of return policy or satisfaction guarantee do they offer? The companies with the best track record have nothing to fear and will give you a risk free proposition. If they don’t, then that should signal the warning signs for you.
Hopefully, the suggestions offered here will help you make the best decision for you. I was once a customer and a new trader seeking advice and instruction.
Now I am a professional trader who designs winning trade strategies, hosts a live traderoom and who also who teaches for a trader university, www.premiertraderuniversity.com.
We are made up of real live traders who know what it’s like to face the lonely challenges of the far right edge of the chart. There are other good instructional lessons and swing trade online courses out there but to really choose what’s best for you, go through the list I have presented above and who knows, maybe the university I teach for will find itself onto your short list of quality prospects.
Latest posts by NetPicks (see all)
- 4 Steps for Creating a Winning Strategy for Futures Day Traders - February 11, 2019
- Should You Prepare For Your Return To Trading After Vacation? - December 18, 2018
- These 4 Steps Can Prevent Trading Career Destruction - December 12, 2018